Sunday, February 6, 2011

Novel Sydney Eats

June 1-3, 2018


My Sydney weekend wasn't all old faves; nosotros planned unopen to novel activities as well as foods! The centrepiece was a nighttime within the Sydney Opera House's Concert Hall, featuring the phenomenal Solange. Her surgical physical care for volition become downwards every bit i of my all-time favourite alive events (and I've tucked i to a greater extent than photograph of her at the halt of this post).
____________


A hateful solar daytime earlier, travelling into Sydney past times train, my weekend companion made the outrageous proffer that nosotros dejeuner at the all-vegan Gelato Blue. We did, as well as nosotros loved it! I ordered a hot-and-cold doughnut sundae ($13): a warmed-up cinnamon-sugar doughnut as well as a large scoop of gelato joined together amongst wonderfully weird waffle cone limbs, all drizzled inward Ice Magic-style chocolate sauce as well as crushed nuts. The chocolate hazelnut scoop I chose was lightly salted as well as very, rattling adept - though the embellishments were delightful, methinks this gelato doesn't genuinely take away dressing up.
____________


The Buddha Bowl Cafe was a dainty low-key location for Sat brunch. It's vegan past times default amongst a few vegetarian options (halloumi, eggs, dairy milk) available every bit add-ons. This identify has a wholefood vibe, amongst all the hits (avocado, hummus, a rainbow of fresh produce) as well as misses (kombucha on tap, bluish algae lattes, raw-only cakes) that entails. My plate was the biggest striking at the table: sourdough French toast made amongst kokosnoot cream ($12), served amongst maple syrup, appointment caramel, dried coconut, kokosnoot yoghurt as well as lots of fresh banana.


____________


A hateful solar daytime later, Another Outspoken Female as well as her Significant Eater whisked me off to the rattling pop Petty Cash Cafe. I loved its homely, cluttered atmosphere; mismatched crockery, tea cosies as well as crocheted articulatio genus blankets for those of us sitting outside. Though Petty Cash does serve meat, it's made unopen to particular efforts for its veg*n customers, such every bit scrambled tofu, vake (fake bacon), as well as fluffy chia-based vegan pancakes. While I was initially drawn to the Vegan Big Brekkie, I ended upwardly doubling downwards on French toast ($17.90), receiving fantabulous golden slices of sourdough amongst only plenty maple syrup as well as plenty of crispy-then-chewy vake.

My i disappointment was that the seasonal fresh fruit I saw listed amounted to a unmarried strawberry garnish (most probable my mistake for misreading the menu), but AOF generously shared the bananas as well as raspberry sauce that accompanied her pancakes.


____________


These were all beaut meals, though it's the fourth dimension I spent amongst people - a brace of Melbourne mates, a handful of Sydney-siders and, from an admiring distance, Solange Knowles - that I'll retrieve best from this weekend away. Nevertheless, the storey of That Time We Lunched At Gelato Blue mightiness terminal a brace of rounds... !

No comments:

Post a Comment